Over the last year, we’ve done tons of Do-It-Yourself (DIY) projects. Next up, how about a CBD Face Mask? After spending more time at home than ever, many of us are now pretty comfortable with home improvement projects to cooking and beyond. Yet, more important than your home or kitchen counter… have you given yourself a spa moment at-home just yet?
These unprecedented times are stressful, so slide on your favorite fluffy robe, break out the candles and soothing music, it’s time for a DIY CBD Face Mask!
This DIY face mask recipe is just fine for most to all skin types. It features natural ingredients that help support and soothe your skin’s natural barrier. As we mentioned, one of the superhero ingredients found in this face mask is none other than CBD!
You likely know CBD is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent internally, but did you know it seems to hold true when topically applied to skin? Preliminary studies show CBD may have an anti-inflammatory effect on something called sebocytes, the tiny specialized skin glands and cells that produce sebum – aka oil. Someone struggling with acne is someone that likely has overactive sebocyctes, and thus, producing more oil than necessary.
We pair that with ground oats which is inherently exfoliating and soothing for skin. Additionally, there is nourishing avocado, moisturizing honey and coconut oil. This simple DIY CBD Face Mask will quickly become a part of your skincare routine. The best part? You likely won’t need to go much further than your pantry to put it all together and have a nice spa-like moment at home!
- 3-4 Tablespoons of Ground Oats
- ½ of an Avocado (mashed)
- ½ Teaspoon Raw Honey
- 1 Teaspoon of Coconut Oil (melted and slightly cooled)
- 2-3 Drops of CBD Oil (of choice)
- Melt coconut oil in microwave or small saucepan on a stovetop – once melted into a runny liquid, allow to cool but not harden.
- In a food processor, coffee/spice grinder or even a blender, pulse oats until they turn into more of a fine powder consistency.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together – ground oats, mashed avocado, raw honey, coconut oil and a few drops of your CBD oil of choice. Keep mixing until all of the ingredients have formed a smooth paste.
- Optional, but a really nice touch: cover the small bowl and refrigerate the mask for about fifteen minutes. It’ll give it a nice cooling sensation when you apply, which is relaxing as well as soothing to delicate facial skin.
- Make sure to apply your face mask to freshly cleansed skin; leave on for 10 – 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
- Follow with your usual skincare routine! Face mask can be done about 4 times a week or more depending on your skin’s sensitivity.
The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners. Please consult your health care professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. The Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act requires this notice.